ENCOURAGE SHADED LAWN Over Seed
Encourage over seed is used on shaded lawns to re-establish new grass in areas where die off has occurred. Frequent over seeding will help keep weed out of your lawn. Moss and weeds should be removed before application.
When To Apply
Ideal Application Months: April-June / September-October
Shaded Lawn Over Seed Application Instructions
- Keep seed product dry and away from pets, rodents and children.
- Mow your lawn and complete all other maintenance prior to over seeding. This includes moss and weed removal. If you find your area is wet and boggy consider adding a layer of sand.
- Apply evenly throughout entire lawn area. Your package from Superintendent Lawn will cover your entire area.
- Place seed in a drop or broadcast spreader, start at a low setting and complete an entire pass of your lawn area. On your second pass adjust spreader to evenly spread the remaining product.
- You may cover seed with a light coating of peat moss to help retain moisture.
- Water seed lightly after application. Do not allow seed to bake in hot sun without frequent moisture. Warm and moist conditions are ideal. In shaded areas of your lawn try to increase the direct sunlight. Grass will not survive with limited light, particularly in winter months.
- Do not fertilizer germinating seed for 30 days.
- Do not apply seed in windy, frozen or hot conditions (25c+).
- Limit foot traffic while seed is germinating, as best as possible.
- Depending on conditions seed should germinate within 21-30 days.
Use Encourage Shaded lawn Over Seed As an extra Part of An Ideal Lawn Care Program
A standard lawn care program should include:
- 3 applications of Billionaire 20-20-20
- 2 applications of Rejuvenate Over Seed.
- 1 application of Survivor Winter Fertilizer
- 1 application of PH Doctor Lime.
- Regular attention with Lawn Patch Repair Kit.
*Yearly Lawn Kits include everything for an ideal lawn care program.
Shaded lawns will required additional maintenance steps:
- Keep debris off the lawn area at all times.
- Use Encourage Shaded Lawn Over Seed frequently after removing moss and weeds.
- Add a layer sand if ground is wet or boggy.
- Don’t mow your grass too short, keep it at about 3 inches in height.
- Apply lime at least once a year to help keep your Ph in balance.
- Don’t over water.
- Open your area up to direct sunlight. Cedar trees and debris from evergreens are toxic to your lawn, cut them back and remove debris from the lawn area.
- Limit heavy traffic. Allow grass to recover from damage. Because your area is shaded your grass will take more time to recover.
Shop By Lawn Area Size
To order Encourage Shaded Lawn Over Seed, select your lawn area size from our store. Superintendent Lawn custom packages your order based on lawn area size.